Since 2016, we have worked with both premium and growing brands across diverse industries to get their brand stories on BRT buses in Abuja.
And some of the routes we have helped put their messages on include Masaka-AYA-NNPC-Wuse-Berger, Berger-Lugbe-Giri—Gwagwalada, Nyaya-AYA-Central Area-Wuse-Berger, Berger-NICON-Maitama-Mpape and other routes.
The experience we gained dealing with these clients over the years have shown us the little things people ignore that drive bottom-line in this industry.
Thankfully, this post is written to give you a head start towards launching your BRT Branding/advertising campaign in Abuja and other cities in Nigeria.
But before we dive in, I will love us to take a look at a few statistics.
- Transit advertising leads the pack in outdoor advertising: A study shows that in 2018, transit advertising leads the pack in out-of-home media. Perhaps, this might be because when compared to other forms of outdoor advertising, transit ads offer the highest number of impressions. According to the same study, transit advertisements receive up to 350k impressions per week.
- Around 30 million people see an ad on a bus every week: A study by TGI shows that every week about 30 million people in the UK see an ad on a bus.In Lagos, a different study reveals that a single bus wrap can generate between 30,000-80,000 views per day and this is about 210,000-560,000 views per week.
- 61% of consumers had seen transit ads on buses within the last 7 days: The same study also shows that many passers-by remember to have seen ads up to 7 after being exposed.
- 29% of adults commute on buses for a minimum of an hour a week: Perhaps, you understand what this means for businesses.When people are consistently exposed to a brand and its value propositions for a long time, they tend to develop an emotional connection with the brand.
- 90% of people live within 5 minutes of a bus route: In a nutshell, this means that 90% of people are exposed to transit advertisements and the good news is, a study has shown that 79% consumers prefer buses with ads.
These stats were compiled from one of our posts on BRT advertising in Lagos and the post provides science-backed proofs that transit advertising works.
You might want to check it out here later.
But right now, let’s dive into 5 things you should always do before advertising on transit buses in Abuja,
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
5 things you should do before advertising on BRT buses in Abuja
If you find the post interesting, kindly use the social media buttons to share to your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
And, I would be super excited.
So, let get started.
It is always said that those who fail to plan are planning to fail.
In fact, a study found that those with goals are 10x more likely to succeed than those without. The study found that 83% of the population does not have goals. 14% has a plan but are not written while 3% have documented goals.
The study reveals that the 14% are 10x more likely to succeed than the 83% while the 3% are 3 times successful than the 14%.
These stats show the need for thorough planning.
So, it is best you give your business better shot at succeeding by putting in place a solid plan for the campaign.
Before getting started, make sure you understand how the campaign fits into your overall business goals and ensure there is alignment between the two.
Set objectives for the campaign, establish a budget baseline and a timeline.
One important thing you need to do before proceeding with a bus branding campaign in Abuja is to figure out how the campaign will integrate with other marketing channels.
A study shows that it takes about 5 touchpoints for an average consumer to convert.This means you need to determine other channels that will provide the extra touchpoints.
For instance, you need to find ways to integrate email marketing, SMS marketing, content marketing, PPC advertising, search engine marketing, SEO and other channels to support the bus advertising campaign.
If you don’t know how to go about this, just reach out to us and we will craft a campaign plan that will work for you.
Of course, free of charge.
You will agree with me that marketing today has evolved into something bigger than being linear.
Today, it is multi-dimensional, multi-faceted and multi-channel.
So, to drive results with BRT advertising in Nigeria, especially here in Abuja, you need to plan it in such a way it can trigger multi-channel interactions.
Who are your customers, where do they live, which route do they take, what is their age group and how much is their average monthly disposable income?
These are important questions you need to sincerely provide answers to before launching any campaign.
The truth is, if you don’t know who your customers are, then the chance of you succeeding will be minimal.
The amazing things with demographic marketing are that it makes marketing highly targeted, lowers cost-per-acquisition, easy to manage and importantly, it increases the conversion rate.
Craft your marketing message
Nothing engages more than good stories that are succinctly told. This means you should devote most of your time to crafting a unique story that will engage and drive bottom-lines.
The truth is the above 3 will fall into pieces if there are no good stories to drive the reaction you need.
According to The Entrepreneur, storytelling is the most powerful tool in your selling toolbox.
So leverage it to your advantage.
If you don’t know how to do this, then let’s show you how.
Develop your performance indicators
How do you know that your campaign is performing and by what numbers? Of course, this is difficult to measure and this makes a case for KPIs.
Thankfully, this post has compiled 5 steps to actionable key performance indicators and I advise you to check it out.
The 5 steps are summarized below
- Establish goals and objectives
- Establish critical success factors from the goals and objectives
- Establish KPI from CSF
- Collect Measures
- Calculate metrics from measures
The good thing with KPIs is that they provide tangible and concrete evidence of how you are performing and the justification to either continue, kill or optimize (modify) the campaign.
Getting started with BRT advertising in Abuja
Over the years, we have executed impactful Brt bus branding campaigns in Abuja, Lagos, Benin and across the country that help people to get their messages to the right people, connect them emotionally and drive bottom-line.
From the planning process to the execution, we work tirelessly to ensure our clients brand(s) Lead.
Get in touch with us? Discover how your brand can leverage our experience to create emotional responses from consumers that can drive result.